Please read before applying, non-complicance will render application void and reflects poorly on you:
S2Invest.com by GAO is looking for EXCEPTIONAL Year 2 or 3 interns for full-time summer or LOA internship positions.
Highlight of the Role:
If you are interested in Investment Banking you should prepare yourself for the ride. Either you know what it entails or you are unprepared.
- Supporting the origination and execution of Investment Banking (IB) transactions – M&A, ECM and DCM (eg. fund-raising exercise for listed/ private companies, merger and acquisitions)
- Extensive company / industry research and analysis
- Preparation of pitch books and transaction documentation (Information Memorandums, Management Presentations, etc.)
- In-depth financial modelling, valuation and credit analysis - DCF, LBO, NAV, trading and transaction comparable
- Assisting transaction process coordination and managing the Data Room and information flow process.
- Doing Valuations, Market Comps & even more Valuations.
- Ability to work long hours and to complete projects by deadlines regardless of circumstance.
- Mutli-disciplinary market knowledge about various industries or the ability to get relevant information as needed.
- Ability to search and scrape for information from various sources.
- Strong modelling skills and ability to make accurate relevant assumptions.
- Meticulous, basic sense of aesthetics. E.g., excel, powerpoint layouts.
- Being neat, organized, diligent with an eye for detail is crucial.
- Good writing skills and ability to produce complete work in a timely fashion.
- Self-Driven individuals willing to work in an unstructured environment.
- Multi-lingual skills and ability to speak and write in other dialects or languages with a particular emphasis on Mandarin and Bahasa.
- 2nd or 3rd year students in a recognized University Undergraduate Programme.
- A minimum of 10 weeks commitment to the internship role. Students that are able to commit for a longer period (e.g., 12 weeks) will be looked upon more favorably.
How to apply:
- Please indicate the Job Title as the Header of the email.
- Please attach a PDF copy of your resume.
- Please attach an unofficial school transcript.
- Please send your cover letter and indicate your start date availability.
- Please attach a valuation model that you have done as a personal project or you have done in school as a solo assignment (but not groupwork).
- If you were referred or recommended by a previous GAO Alum, please indicate in your email as well.
- Writing samples (either in English or Mandarin) to demonstrate the Intern’s ability to communicate investment ideas, such as equity research reports or stock picks.
- Powerpoint decks or samples (either in English or Mandarin) to demonstrate the Intern’s basic ability to layout information to communicate thoughts and ideas effectively.
- Visit quantflix.com and sign up for an account and login to be able to peruse the articles and gain a better understanding of the portal.
- Knowing the basics on Investment Banking Terminology by reading up on common terms on Investopedia
Recommended reading list (links to amazon.com):
- Invesment Banking by Joshua Rosenbaum & Joshua Pearl
- IPO & Equity by Ross Geddes
- Applied Mergers & Acquisitions by Robert Bruner
- Mergers & Acquisitions by Sudi Sudarsanam
- The Little Book of Hedge Funds
- Market Wizards
- Criteria and selections for the posting is at the sole discretion of the employer and shortlisted candidates will be contacted directly.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified and applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
- Please do not hesitate to contact your career advisor for any assistance.