Please read before applying, non-complicance will render application void and reflects poorly on you:
GAO CAPITAL is looking for EXCEPTIONAL Year 2 or 3 interns for full-time summer or LOA internship positions.
Highlight of the Role:
The Intern will gain hands on experience in the world of finance. Selected applicants will get to review index funds, mutual funds, hedge funds and other investment products across different strategies and geographies. The Intern will learn the basics of the analytical process behind fund and product selection. The Intern will also be familiarised and be expected to help out with the crucial inner workings behind the operations of a typical fund and be exposed to the administrative, marketing, legal, compliance and accounting components behind a fund setup.
Qualified candidates should be good academic performers who possess the willingness to work hard in an unstructured environment where initiative, maturity, poise and enthusiasm for learning are highly valued. Strong oral and written communication skills are essential. Candidates need to be comfortable with accounting & financial concepts and enjoy both qualitative and quantitative work.
- Assist with bookkeeping and the acccounts of multiple funds and companies.
- Assist in due diligence on multiple investment products including hedge funds.
- Assist in communicating with family offices, foundations, endowments and other institutional investors
- 2nd/3rd Year Interns will also be expected to be able to perform the Job Scope of 1st Year Interns (click here).
- Intermediate knowledge about the finance industry.
- Good understanding of statistics and how to perform regressions.
- Ability to search and scrape for information from various sources.
- Meticulous, basic sense of aesthetics. E.g., excel, powerpoint layouts.
- Being neat, organized, diligent with an eye for detail is crucial.
- Good writing skills and ability to produce complete work in a timely fashion.
- Self-Driven individuals willing to work in an unstructured environment.
- 2nd or 3rd year students in a recognized University Undergraduate Programme.
- A minimum of 10 weeks commitment to the internship role. Students that are able to commit for a longer period (e.g., 12 weeks) will be looked upon more favorably.
How to apply:
- Please indicate the Job Title as the Header of the email.
- Please attach a PDF copy of your resume.
- Please attach an unofficial school transcript.
- Please send your cover letter and indicate your start date availability.
- If you were referred or recommended by a previous GAO Alum, please indicate in your email as well.
- Writing samples (either in English or Mandarin) to demonstrate the Intern’s ability to communicate investment ideas, such as equity research reports or stock picks.
- Powerpoint decks or samples (either in English or Mandarin) to demonstrate the Intern’s basic ability to layout information to communicate thoughts and ideas effectively.
- Visit quantflix.com and sign up for an account and login to be able to peruse the articles and gain a better understanding of the portal.
- Knowing the basics on Hedge Funds by reading up on common terms on Investopedia or other web portals/publications such as Vault guides.
Recommended reading list (links to amazon.com):
- Criteria and selections for the posting is at the sole discretion of the employer and shortlisted candidates will be contacted directly.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified and applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
- Please do not hesitate to contact your career advisor for any assistance.