Please read before applying, non-complicance will render application void and reflects poorly on you:
QUANTFLIX.COM by GAO CAPITAL is looking for Year 1 interns for the Summer of 2018.
Highlight of the Role:
The Intern will gain an in-depth real world understanding to the world of finance. Selected applicants will get to review index funds, mutual funds, hedge funds and other investment products across different strategies and geographies. The Intern will learn the basics of the analytical process behind fund and product selection.
- Assist with Fund Market Intelligence Reports
- Updating Quantflix.com’s Propietary Fund Database
- Conduct analyses of trends and strategies of Hedge Funds
- Perform in depth due diligence for Hedge Funds
- Conduct thorough research into selected topics surrounding funds to draft articles
- Basic knowledge about the finance industry
- Meticulous, basic sense of aesthetics. E.g., powerpoint layouts.
- Being neat, organized, diligent with an eye for detail is crucial.
- Good writing skills and ability to produce summaries in a timely fashion.
- Self-Driven individuals willing to work in an unstructured environment
- This job opening is ONLY open to students that have just completed their first year of studies in an Undergraduate Programme.
- Please do not apply if you are not a 1st Year Undergraduate Student entering their 1st Summer Holiday as this internship is specially catered for 1st Year Undergraduate students.
- A minimum of 10 weeks commitment to the internship role. Students that are able to commit for a longer period (e.g., 12 weeks) will be looked upon more favorably.
How to apply:
- Please indicate the Job Title as the Header of the email.
- Please attach a PDF copy of your resume.
- Please attach an unofficial school transcript
- Writing samples (either in English or Mandarin) to demonstrate the Intern’s ability to communicate investment ideas, such as equity research reports or stock picks.
- Powerpoint decks or samples (either in English or Mandarin) to demonstrate the Intern’s basic ability to layout information to communicate thoughts and ideas effectively.
- Visit quantflix.com and sign up for an account and login to be able to peruse the articles and gain a better understanding of the portal.
- Knowing the basics on Hedge Funds by reading up on common terms on Investopedia or other web portals/publications such as Vault guides.
Recommended reading list (links to amazon.com):
Criteria and selections for the posting is at the sole discretion of the employer and shortlisted candidates will be contacted directly. Please do not hesitate to contact your career advisor for any assistance.